Down Payment Assistance Available Now
Saving for a down payment is often the most challenging part of buying your first home. To help with that, the City of Chula Vista is offering two loan programs which can be combined to provide up to $76,000 toward the down payment and/or closing costs on a home. This program can be used to lower your monthly payment or qualify for a higher purchase price. The best part? Payments are deferred for 30 years!
To qualify for this program, applicants must:
- Be a first time home buyer (meaning you have not owned a home in the last 3 years).
- Purchase a property within the city limits of Chula Vista.
- Occupy the purchased property as a primary residence.
- Purchase a single-family residence: detached, town home, or condo.
- Qualify for a first mortgage.
- Have a combined annual household income below 80% of the Area Median Income.
- 3% simple interest.
- Borrower must contribute a minimum of 2% of the total purchase price.
- 30 year term with payments deferred for the life of the loan.
- Balance of principle and interest due in full upon sale of property or at the end of 30 years.
Subject to lender approval. Other restrictions apply.