Help people buy their first home! We’re looking for an experienced mortgage professional to manage the closing and funding process for a quickly growing not-for-profit mortgage lender. Please take a look at the job description below. If it sounds like a good fit, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based in Riverside, California
Working independently within clear guidelines and established procedures the Senior Closing Manager oversees the preparation of loan closing documents using the Encompass loan origination system including all required disclosures, compliance documents, promissory notes, deeds of trust and other legal documents intended to secure Springboard’s security interest and conform to investor requirements. The Senior Closing Manager reviews loan-level funding conditions, coordinates with settlement and title companies and other third-parties to guarantee all final closing fees are accurate and properly disclosed, all underwriter-required funding conditions have been properly satisfied, coordinates with warehouse line providers for the drawdown of funds. The Senior Closing Manager is responsible for meeting all post-closing investor requirements related to the shipment and sale of closed loan and settlement of warehouse line draws. The Senior Closing Manager prepares loan-level financial and account reports and coordinates with internal and external accounting and auditing teams.
- Minimum High School Diploma with a minimum of 5 years of Sr. Level Document, Funding, Closing, and Post Closing Loan prior experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required. Recent experience using the Encompass loan origination system highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of real estate lending documents, funding rules and compliance; working knowledge and recent experience using the Encompass loan origination systems to generate closing documents; proven ability to evaluate funding conditions and determine if supporting documentation adequately satisfies the conditions.
- Experience working effectively with settlement companies, title insurance providers, real estate agents, and public agencies.
- Excellent quantitative skills and attention to detail; advance computing skills using word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks with demonstrated organizational skills, balance priorities and work under pressure, experience developing organizational processes and systems; ability to think critically, be an effective problem solver, quick thinker, and selfstarter, possessing a positive, can-do attitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate professionally to clients, lenders and co-workers.
- Responsible to receive, review and process loan document order requests from Springboard origination and processing teams.
- Determine the proper closing package based on loan product type and investor requirements.
- Review estimated closing statements, initial and re-disclosed estimates and Closing Disclosure to confirm compliance with Truth-in-Lending RESPA integrated Disclosure requirements before funding.
- Confirm the proper registration of Springboard loans through the MERS system.
- Utilize the Encompass loan origination system to prepare loan documents, closing disclosures and lender settlement instruction to verify accuracy and completeness; generate closing documents, report loan progress, review closing condition and update closing status.
- Submit and receive closing packages to settlement agents, review signed loan documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Confirm all prior-to-funding conditions are satisfied and all required pre-funding documentation received prior to authorizing funding.
- Coordinate with Springboard’s warehouse line providers to arrange for funding draws, confirm wiring instructions, and transfer of collateral documents and bailee letters.
- Notify interested parties of funding status and confirm funding figures with settlement agents; track and confirm the recording of loan security documents and confirm transmission of these documents to investors.
- Manage and ship closed loan packages to investors, track and clear purchase stipulations.
- Coordinate the purchase of closed loans, the repayment of warehouse line draws and the transfer of security instruments to investors.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of reports to management and accounting.
- Supervise others who perform these duties.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- The individual is required to regularly sit at a computer and enter data for extended periods of time.
- The individual is required to listen and talk to individuals and before groups in the performance of the job.
- The individual is regularly called upon to deal with stressful situations and a high work volume.
- The individual is regularly required to stand, walk and drive for extended periods of time.
- The individual is occasionally required to bend, stretch and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and to reach with hands and arms.
- The individual is occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Position requires some travel and scheduling flexibility.